Sunday, February 12, 2006

Step by step

Quite pleased with the pat on the back I received from the A Quiet Mind podcaster on remembering to notice my behaviour in the car (below). Of course, I don't need or search for the approval of others! Aye, right! Give me a few years and I just might be able to say that.

I believe I'm at the right point in my life to finally begin the work Buddhism entails. I've looked here and there and tried this and that and usually give up after a 90 mile an hour gung ho start.

In Stumbling Toward Enlightenment (Geri Larkin) there are a few pages (p 76/77) on the importance of listening to people. Really listening. She makes very important points with this topic - something I certainly need to put into practice (as most of us).

Meditated about 5 minutes last night. I will try to do this at least a couple of times a day. When I tried meditation before I began with sitting for about 15 or 20 minutes and got frustrated... this time around I know to take baby steps with all the work I'm doing.

To work on:
Lessening my attachments to things: a biggie for me - the internet!!

Diet: How do I lose 15 pounds w/o condemning myself when I slip up? Should I only use a reward system - patting myself on the back for doing well?

No comments: