Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Daily reminders

Yikes! So much to remember to do each day..... so I'll put my list-making skills to good use...

  • Accept self, my life & situations just the way they are right now
  • Accept what is so
  • Accept others as they are
  • Notice my behaviour & reactions (judging, stress, anger, labeling)
  • Notice if I'm seeking approval outside myself
  • Be aware of how my small self (ego) is running my life
  • Do not give anyone the power to make me feel badly
  • Listen!
  • Be here now - mindfulness
  • Breathe!

What I am focusing on now:

Learning:

  • 4 Noble Truths
  • 5 Precepts
  • 8-fold Path
  • and other basics of Buddhism

Practicing:

  • Meditation - at least 5 minutes a day
  • The lessons from the podcasts and the books
  • Mindfulness techniques

No comments: