Monday, February 06, 2006

A Quiet Mind

Find the 'A Quiet Mind' podcasts to be quite helpful.

With client (elderly) today who can be very difficult to be around. She babbles incessantly and rarely lets me get a word in. Even when she eats she barely stops talking. Decided not to get annoyed and just let her do all the babbling and I rarely tried to get a word in edgewise. I'm sure that the reason I keep getting a nervous twitch above my eye is due to spending so much time with her every week.

I've thought back to things I learned while in my *Castaneda phase*. A couple of them are directly related to what I'm trying to do now. Of course, it's often been said he stole all his words of wisdom from various religions and other sources, including Buddhism.

They are:
viewing the world with *detachment* - not judging or letting it affect one's energy.
And guarding your energy - feeling a wall around you when the energy vampires come near you.

The above woman is an energy vampire. However, another client who is quite talkative gives me energy. The difference I think is that she will stop and be interested in what I have to say. She also has more interesting things to say than the other woman, and she's more intelligent.

No comments: