Friday, February 03, 2006

Need to work more on mindfulness!

It's so easy to stay in autopilot. I received a book today which was recommended - 'Stumbling Toward Enlightenment' by Geri Larkin. I'll start on it either tonight or tomorrow. She sounds down to earth and allows for the fact that we will stumble, fall, get up, fall again while on this path. But just keep trying.

I've been listening to some podcasts I downloaded. It's a series called 'A Quiet Mind'. Some of the points I picked up:
don't be judgmental - but when you catch yourself doing it, don't condemn yourself for doing so. In fact, it says don't condemn yourself as a way of changing things you don't like about yourself. Just go ahead. Accept yourself as you are. Accept others as they are. Then change things because you want to change them.

Most importantly, don't live in the past or the future. You miss out
on life that way.

No comments: