Monday, February 13, 2006

Good meditation tonight

Felt quit good with the meditation (Zazen) I did this evening. I think I was too busy counting and making sure I was breathing correctly to for my mind to wander! Belly out on inhale, belly in on exhale, focus on the spot below my navel... felt comfortable in the Seiza position using pillows but I'm sure a Seiza bench would be ideal. I need to find a permanent meditation spot in the house - probably in a spare bedroom.

Did quite a bit of reading this evening as well - all the general basics - 4 Noble Truths etc..... I've left a long article on Karma for later although I have a general idea of what it entails.

To do next is a list of reminders... have my 'breathe' signs in a few places and with as much time as I spend in the car.....one will also go in an obvious place.

No comments: