Friday, March 03, 2006

An introductory weekend meditation retreat....

I've found a Soto Zen Buddhist Abbey in north England near Hadrian's Wall. They do introductory meditation retreats which last from Friday afternoon through Sunday. A monetary donation according to your means and donations of food are all that is requested. I can either drive or take the train and they will pick me up at the Hexham train station for a fee. Don't know which I'll do or when I'll go. Looks like a great introduction for me so I'd rather not wait for too long. However, I've requested so much time off already with all the family visitors this year! It would only be a Friday off though.....

http://www.throssel.org.uk/

I don't know the difference between the types of Zen... will have to find out what Soto is.

No comments: