Saturday, March 18, 2006

Help! Not doing so well.... big challenge

It's easy to deal with anger and let it drop when it's against some anonymous person who can't drive properly....but when it's someone you just can't dismiss it's a huge challenge.

A 'family' member pushes all my buttons. Just about anything that annoys me, she does it. I'm trying to examine the source of the anger (and that a'int difficult!), but had lots of trouble sleeping because of the anger I'd had to keep inside.

I've got another anger podcast to listen to, so this would be a good day for it!

2 comments:

tao1776 said...

http://www.buddhanet.net/metta.htm

This is the most effective way I know of to begin dismantling anger and build compassion. Remember, true compassion is the result of insight and wisdom. It is not some squishey feel good namby pamby stuff that we try to make ourselves feel.

Annie said...

Appreciate it, Tim. I have briefly looked at this but haven't yet begun to practice it.

I have listened to another Quiet Mind podcast dealing with anger and it talked about having compassion and trying to see that the person who is often so angry and venomous is actually in pain.