Monday, April 24, 2006

Making better use of my time....


I spend far too much time on my expats forum. Much of that time is truly a waste spent on discussing topics that are of no importance whatsoever except to talk about our favourite topic - ourselves. I took a 3 week break when I was beginning to study Buddhism and felt I was spending my time in a much more constructive way. After the 3 weeks I got kind of itchy to find out what was going on with the folks there.

So I'm going to have to use some willpower and stay away from the forum - will try to do it for a month - then maybe go back and have very *limited* time on it. There are several babies about to born soon and I will ask one of the members to let me know via email how it's going regarding them.

More time meditating, more time reading, more time doing things mindfully. Walking meditation will be something I'll try soon.....possibly at the botanic garden.

No comments: