Sunday, May 14, 2006

Bad karma?

I'm wondering about this concept of karma. Am I being denied inner peace because of bad karma? Because of bad things I've done in my life? Am I now being repaid and is there a way to redeem myself? If reincarnation is true, I know I'm definitely on my first life because I certainly didn't get it right....well...not yet anyway. Buddhists, however, have the concept of rebirth which is not the same as reincarnation as far as I can understand. Still a bit heavy for me and I'll look into deciphering this later. I'm still in nursery school here!

The movie Defending Your Life most certainly made me think. They used the concept of fear as to when you get to move forward and finish your earthly incarnations. When you prove yourself courageous, you move to heaven. Interesting.


(on a totally unrelated note....I've realized that if my gran was still alive she'd be 99 years old today).

1 comment:

tao1776 said...

http://www.angelfire.com/electronic/bodhidharma/karma_truth.html