Saturday, November 11, 2006

How my mindful day went....

Well, I didn't make it the whole day but for a first try I think I did well.

No tv, no radio, no computer -- those were the toughies. Started feeling withdrawal by early afternoon. Almost gave in but instead kept busy - mostly mindully - doing chores, tidying, cleaning. Yes, my mind wandered but I usually remembered to bring it back to what I was doing. It's easy to do so when I'm reorganizing something because I do have to think about what I'm doing. Sorted several kitchen cupboards. It's incredibly difficult to do chores slowly when I'm used to do them as quickly as possible. Attempted not to think about what I'd be doing next, just to think about what I was doing right then.

The weather was crap today so I never got a nice, long, mindful walk in the woods. I do have a clean house though! The long, hot soak in bubblebath was quite pleasant and relaxing.

Had dinner at about 6pm and by then I was tired and felt a strong need for some input. So I played the dvd about Thich Nhat Hanh that I'd never finished watching. After that I watched a couple of shows on tv and it wasn't until 9pm that I turned on the computer.

No comments: