Sunday, May 06, 2007

Starting again

Back again. I was off track - again - and whenever I think about how much better I felt when I was meditating and doing other practices, I vowed to start again. Being calm and even-tempered is much better than being moody. Instead of meditating just in the evenings, I am, as of this morning, doing a morning and evening meditation. This is important for when we go overseas for volunteering. Culture shock and loss of conveniences will be eased if I feel better internally. I fully intend to do a morning and evening meditation while away. I have never been a morning person, but when away I expect we will get up early and go to bed early.

I would dearly love our placement to be in Thailand or Cambodia due to the population being mainly Buddhist. However, hub who is the actual volunteer feels drawn to helping in Africa. I guess his vote wins.

Next weekend I will be on my own and will do a Day of Mindfulness. I did this the last time hub was away in London and it went quite well for a first try. So I'll take advantage of this and do so again.

I'm re-listening to Quiet Mind podcasts while I'm driving. They do make me think and re-focus.

No comments: